People with disabilities are often treated as an afterthought in policymaking. We must remove obstacles so that people with disabilities have ample opportunity to lead full, happy, and healthy lives unrestricted from societal barriers.
As your Congresswoman, I will:
ENSURE EVERYONE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO THRIVE
- Over thirty years after the Americans with Disabilities Act, we’re long overdue for a new push in support of equal rights and opportunities for people with disabilities.
- I will support rigorous enforcement of non-discrimination protections for people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- I will fight to ensure equal access to the ballot box and will use every tool available to oppose any efforts to weaken the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- I will advocate for affordable and accessible public transit systems.
- I will always demand full enforcement the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, the Fair Housing Act, the Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act, and the Help America Vote Act, among other bedrock statutes protecting the rights of people with disabilities.